Sunday, October 4, 2009

Monthly check up


Alrighty, it's that time again. I am going to list my goals for the month and update my previous goals and note how I did with them. I don't think I did very well last month, but let's take a look.



1. Lose 8 pounds. Lofty I know but I really need to lose more and Todd and I both want to work on this more so if we do it together, we will be more likely to succeed. Ha! Yeah right. Not even close. I haven't been on the scale in a while but I know I haven't lost any. I am pretty sure I didn't gain any though so I guess that is good, right?

2. Find a job. Full time, part time, doesn't matter at this point. I just need one! Not yet, but I have interviewed a few places and have another interview this week, so I guess I am on the right track.

3. Organize the family room once and for all. It is always a mess and there are many things sitting around that I need to find a permanent home for. It won't always be perfectly clean because we have all of Xander's toys there but it could be a lot cleaner around the edges. Nope, didn't get this one done either, but I am actually working on it and it is better right now than it has been. Still need to work on this one.

4. Run 25 minutes in a row without stopping at least 5 times. I am in week 6 of couch to 5k and tomorrow I am supposed to do my first 25 minute run. After that, every workout is pretty much a minimum of 25 minutes of running (in a row with no stopping). I don't know how well I will do with this but I sure am going to try! I ended up giving up the running in favor of walking because I can walk a lot longer and walk every day instead of every other day and therefore burn more calories. It was a well intentioned plan, but hasn't panned out because I started out walking and then quit and haven't walked in over a week. Ack! I have to get back to it!

5. Order some stuff for Xander's birthday party. I think I am going to order napkins and a few other decorations. We are going to do a Curious George theme so I am going to get a few items from the collection of party supplies. I actually have ordered invitations, napkins, thank you notes and balloons! I will probably get some more stuff but it is a start!

6. Make a practice cake. I am going to try and make a very complicated cake for X's party and I need to buy some cake and frosting to make a practice cake. I am doing this so I can figure out what works and what doesn't so I don't mess it all up the day before his party. Not yet, but I did buy a few cake mixes and some frosting, so I am getting there. I am planning on doing it in the next few weeks for sure.

7. Scrapbook more. I am SOOOOO far behind right now on X's scrapbook - I am not even done with month 5 yet and he is in his 10th month right now! Yikes! I need to order pictures to catch up. I would like to be to month 8 by the end of this month. I did a little bit on this too, but not as much as I needed to. I have ordered pics recently so if I keep at it, I could get a lot done in a short amount of time.

8. Have a rough layout for our Christmas card. I want to make our own Christmas cards this year. We are going to get a family picture taken for X's 1 year pictures (some family and some of just him) and we are going to order enough of the 4.5x5 pictures so I can use them for a Christmas card. I have a few ideas for this already but I want to get a better idea. Nope, haven't even thought about this one really. I think since it is like 2 1/2 months until Christmas, I am going to start thinking about this a lot more now.


Ok, now for this months' goals!

1. Practice cake for X's birthday. That is a big priority this month.

2. Get a job. Also a big priority this month. I am closer to the goal, but not there yet.

3. Organize the family room. I got a start on it but need to finish it.

4. Lose some weight. I won't set an actual number since I haven't been doing so well with this. If I get a job, I told Todd one of the first things I am going to do is go back and join Weight Watchers again. I lost 12 pounds in just over a month back in June so I know it can be done!

5. Have plans for X's party finalized or close to it. I need to decide on the rest of the decorations and the menu for lunch.

6. Scrapbooking. This is something I still want to work on since I am so far behind.

7. Clean out my closet. This will be especially important if I get a job. I need to figure out what I have for work clothes and fall/winter clothes and make a list of what I really need. This list will also depend on if I end up losing weight too. Bleh.

8. Get Christmas lists together for me, Todd and Xander and start buying a few gifts for family so it doesn't all have to be bought at once. Also, work on an idea for our Christmas card.

I think that will do it for now! Wish me luck - I think I need it this month!

0 comments on "Monthly check up"

Post a Comment