Thursday, December 3, 2009

living the dream.....or not


Oh man. I have no free time anymore since I started my job and it totally sucks! I used to have all the time in the world every day and loved it. I could do what I wanted when I wanted and had no one to answer to but my husband. And even then, he wasn't very demanding.

Now, I live and die by the clock and a very strict schedule. I hate it. I hate working and there is no nice way to say it. It is probably because of the type of job I am doing. I know I enjoy working in the financial industry, even if the stock market tanked last year and everybody is mad they lost so much money. I love the technical aspect of it and the numbers and rules and such.

I know already that the job I am doing right now is something I won't last long in. If I have to stay in the position I am in now, I will quit or get fired. I am going to do my best in the job I am in and try to get promoted to a different job within the company. I think I am going to try to get more licenses so I look more attractive to other departments so they will hire me. Or, heaven forbid, I could end up looking elsewhere for a job once I get my Series 24. I am just certain that if I have to do this job any longer than 5-6 months, I am literally going to go crazy.

I'll be honest. Customer service type jobs are just not my thing. Too bad the last few years that I have worked have ALL been in a customer service job in one form or another. I am done with it. I just can't handle it anymore. I know I shouldn't complain because I just spent the last 11 months not working and staying home with my son. But unfortunately for me, 11 months was not long enough of a break!

It is so odd to me because I have read several random blogs where the women talk about how boring their job is - how they never have anything to do or nothing worthwhile and they get bored so easily. If only I had that type of job! I am the kind of girl that could fill a lot of free time. I can waste time with the best of them and I would always find something to do. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands! I just wonder how much these women get paid. Surely it can not be that much to literally do nothing all day. I have so much to do each day that I can barely get it all done! I would kill to have a job where I had the chance to get bored!

It is just strange to me how people end up in the jobs they do. Obviously, a lot of people end up in a job because that is what they went to school for. But sometimes, people who have a college degree don't even do a job in the field they have a degree in. Also, people like me who don't have a degree just find whatever they can that pays decent and try to build on that. I got into the financial industry just by luck at the beginning and I realized I liked it ended up being good at it too. If I had gone to college, I doubt finance would have been what I wanted to major in. I think it would have been something more like the medical field. Too bad I made the poor choice of not going to college. Although I will say one last thing. Even without a college degree, I was making more at my age then my husband who has a college degree was at the same age. And I am even a female and females tend to get paid less! My last job before having Xander spoiled me in the salary field because anything less than what I made there seems like nothing.

Whatever.

0 comments on "living the dream.....or not"

Post a Comment