Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A very homemade Christmas


I am so impressed by my sister in law Jen's craftiness. She made all homemade gifts for Xander this year and I couldn't be more thrilled with each of them! Some people would think - ugh, homemade gifts are so boring. Not true! The things she made are so awesome and I am very thankful for each of them!

Here are the pictures of the things she made.

Curious George blanket
I realize this isn't as hard to make as some things- she just sewed down the edges of fleece fabric. But it was still such a kind thought because we like Curious George stuff for Xander since he loves his stuffed George so much. Plus it was homemade and a better deal than buying a blanket pre-made. I just love it and Xander is already sleeping with it at night!




Adorable little brown shoes
These are similar to Robeez but with the benefit of not being so expensive! I guess in my case they were free but she has told me they don't cost much to make either - just time!


Homemade letter book
This is seriously one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. It is a beautiful book and has the letters a-z with something representing each letter on each page. This had to have been so time consuming! It is something I know we will treasure forever!







This adorable long sleeved shirt with a sewn on fabric tie
Jen's son Sam was wearing one of these on Christmas and I thought it was so cute and then we opened Xander's gifts and there was one for Xander! So cute!


How fun are these gifts? I am so thankful for each and every one! What fun gifts to get!

1 comments on "A very homemade Christmas"

Jules on January 3, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

Your Sister-N-Law has an awesome talent! I love homemade gifts and try to do some of my own from time to time. I think homemade gifts can be more meaningful than store-bought b/c so much time and love goes into them. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment