Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little heartwarming


So when I started my new(est) job a few months back, I had this guy train me on almost everything that I do now. He is a really nice guy and we chat sometimes and I always talked to him the most so I sometimes tell him stories or about things I observe around the office.

Just a couple of days ago, I decided to tell him a quick story cause it was a little heartwarming and also had a good life lesson. I was kind of trying to joke around while telling it to keep it not so serious. So there was this guy I saw in the hallway that day and he has the very menial task of collecting all of the forms throughout the building that people want sent to our permanent imaging system. He pushes this little cart around and collects the paper from all of the centralized locations in the building. The funny thing was (and the lesson) was that he is middle aged (at least 45) and he just had this nice smile on his face when I walked by him. I thought to myself 'if this guy can be happy pushing the cart around collecting paper and scanning in all of the paperwork while not getting paid much to do it, why can't the rest of us be happy in our jobs?' Cheesy I know. But it is true. And as silly as it sounds, you have to remember it could always be worse.

There is always someone with worse luck, with worse health, with a worse job, with worse circumstances in life. We have to be thankful for what we have and what we are able to do! And there you have it. A simple lesson, but a good one.

1 comments on "A little heartwarming"

Travel & Dive Girl on July 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM said...

Sometimes we take things for granted and become so consumed with our own lives, that we don't stop to take the time to think about how others observe and accept their paths in life. Thanks for this story! Have a great day...happy weekend.

Post a Comment