Saturday, August 21, 2010

A dose of thankfulness (we are lucky)


I was sitting at my desk yesterday at work thinking about my job and how lucky I am to have it. It is so easy to complain about your job and why it is so bad. But I was thinking about how many people there are right now without a job, or with a worse job than mine! Not just worse in pay, but worse duties too. I am lucky and I need to remember how blessed I am to have a job that pays well and also is something that I really enjoy doing. In the past, I have had a lot of jobs that I really didn't enjoy doing. But even then, I was still blessed to have a job!

I admit, my attitude in the past was crap about my jobs and I realize it now (hindsight is 20/20). It is hard to be happy and positive when you don't enjoy your job even a little bit. It is hard to see through the frustration to be happy that you even have a job.

I also have to admit that I am very lucky and blessed in other areas of life also. We have an adorable, healthy son who brings joy to our every day! We have a roof over our heads and our house is in good shape and not falling apart. We have two cars that run well (for now - haha). We both have steady jobs that pay the bills. We have our health (for the most part) and our legs to let us walk. We have our brains to help us think. Sorry if this is getting cheesy but it is so true and we all need a reminder that we have so much to be grateful for!

Having my son makes me so happy and thankful that it was easy to conceive him (a surprise actually) and the pregnancy and birth went pretty well. I actually read quite a few blogs about fertility and can't even imagine the heartbreak that comes along with trying to conceive and with miscarriages when you want to have a baby so bad. I almost take it for granted that we have our son and that he is healthy, but I never should!

I am also blessed with an awesome husband and an awesome family. I actually enjoy get togethers with both sides of our family because we all get along so well.

I am encouraging everyone else to think about what you are thankful for and why you are blessed. It should be easy!

0 comments on "A dose of thankfulness (we are lucky)"

Post a Comment