Monday, August 2, 2010

And the answer is....


No.

Big fat no.

I didn't get the job.

I am sure my mom is happy - she didn't think it would be good if I had a job where I had to travel. I hope she is happy because I am not.

A couple of positive notes - the manager said to apply for thCheck Spellinge next opening they have for this same job and I probably won't even have to interview. He said the person they hired had a ton of experience in that job and that is why they hired him. He said I had a great interview and they liked me.

Still doesn't make me feel that much better but I guess hearing that stuff is better than nothing.

Also, had a performance evaluation today at work and I had a great review. My boss likes me and loves how hard I work and how good I am at my job. I guess that is encouraging too.

He also told me that I just happen to have bad luck with this job interview because of the outside person they hired that had a ton of experience. He said any other time I probably would have gotten the job. Still sucks. So now I get to stay in my current job and go nowhere for a while.

I guess it could be worse.

1 comments on "And the answer is...."

Travel & Dive Girl on August 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM said...

You'll just be more ready when the next one comes around. I had to travel a lot when my son was younger and it was tough. It might just be a blessing in disguise...

At least you had an excellent review on your current job. Remember - things happen for a reason - don't take it personally. *smiles*

Post a Comment