Monday, May 18, 2009

Life is good.....I guess.


It is so easy in life to be mad, sad or upset about various things. I am trying to look for the good in life.

I love every day I have with my son and am so thankful for him and his life! I am sometimes overwhelmed with love for him and almost get emotional! I am amazed every day by how cute and sweet he is and I am thankful that he has been an easy baby so far. I am not sure what I would have done if I ended up with a high need baby for the first one. As it is, I am not sure if I want another child and if he was a hard baby, I think I would for sure only have him.

I am thankful for my husband. He works hard every day and is so patient with me. I am so talkative and loud sometimes and I get overly excited about things and he has this crazy ability to calm me down and reason with me.

I am thankful we have a roof over our head and food to eat everyday. Every time I think I have it so bad, I have to remember how many people don't have jobs or even homes! I have so many "luxuries" also and am realizing more and more that I have so many things are not even needs!

So while I am looking at the positive, it also makes me realize that there have been a few more rough patches in our lives than I would have liked that have made it hard to stay positive.

We are going to be paying off our hospital bills from Xander's birth for a year or more! I know we are not the first people to be in that situation, but with one income, it is almost impossible to make ends meet now.

We had not one, but TWO of the tires in my car get ruined in the last year. This car is barely three years old and each tire is $270!!!! Ridiculous! I will never own a car that has that expensive of tires again.

Our dishwasher died last year and we had to get a new one. Also, our microwave died last year and we got a new one of those also.

We took our dog Charlie to the vet earlier this year and found out he had an ear infection that our vet was going to charge over $200 to treat! On top of that, the vet bill for two routine care visits for two of our dogs was nearly $200! As a result, we ended up getting rid of our two smallest dogs since we felt that we could no longer afford them. That decision was heartbreaking but necessary.

There have been a few other things that have been frustrating and we are beginning to feel like all this bad stuff is happening to us and that we are having more than our fair share of tough stuff! :(

Again, I am just trying to remember the positive things in life and let go of the sucky stuff. This is a constant challenge.

0 comments on "Life is good.....I guess."

Post a Comment