Friday, May 29, 2009

Growing boy!


Xander had his 6 month appointment last Wednesday, the 20th. We started oatmeal cereal on Monday the 18th and he tried his first veggie - carrots - on Thursday the 21st. Since then he has tried prunes, peas, peaches and sweet potatoes! He has liked everything he has tried so far and it seems he will be a big eater! He eats everything I give him and always opens his mouth for more, even when his food is all gone! I have added oatmeal to the fruits and rice cereal to the vegetables to thicken them up a little and add calories. He is also drinking from a sippy cup with my help. He can't hold it himself yet, but he is getting the hang of drinking from it!

He was a little on the skinny side at his 6 month appointment. He weighed 15 lbs 13 oz which is only in the 20th % for his age. His head was 91% and his length was right around 50%. He got some more shots but he did really well - he barely cried at all!

I can't believe my baby is already 6 months old! It seriously seems like yesterday I had him. I still remember what it was like to be pregnant! I am sad because in 6 more short months, he will already be 1 year old! I think I need to start planning his party now since time goes so fast! I think I already know the theme -probably monkeys. I even found a monkey shaped cake pan by Wilton at Hobby Lobby. I think that is what I will get and I will end up with other monkey decorations.

I made a quick run to Walgreens this morning to get sunscreen for the summer as they had buy 1 get 1 free on Banana Boat. I got a bottle of baby sunscreen and some regular sunscreen for me. Whenever I go to Walgreens, I like to look around to check out the deals and clearance. I found some GREAT deals today while there and here they are!

-I found Bounty Basic paper towels for $0.40 a roll!!!!! They are normally about $1 a roll. Not only that, but I had 2 $0.25/1 coupons, so I got 2 rolls for $0.15 each!! Wow! I didn't have more coupons but went ahead and got a few more rolls anyway.

-I found Kleenex on clearance for $0.57 a box!!!! That is for the normal full size boxes! I don't know why they were clearancing them but I wasn't complaining! I had a coupon for $0.50/3 but went ahead and got 6 boxes because you can't beat that deal!

-I found a few amazing toilet paper deals too! They had 2-12 roll packs of Charmin for $2.49 each! They were normally priced at $9.49 (I think they are about $6 at other stores) which makes them a steal! I also got a 12 roll pack of Angel Soft for $1.49!!! 12 rolls for $1.49 is unheard of!! On top of those, I got their store brand 4 roll packs for $0.25 each! Not the best toilet paper, but I am not picky, especially when it is that cheap! I think I got about $30 worth of toilet paper for about $8!!!

-I got some nice Bic ball point pens for Todd for free! He likes nice blue pens to take to work with him. The 2 pack was on clearance for $0.87 and I had a $1 off coupon which they took!

-I got this nifty Scotch pop up tape dispenser and a refill for free! I had a $1 off coupon for the pop up dispenser, but the dispenser and refill were only $0.50 each and they took the $1 coupon!

-I got two rolls of Scotch gift wrap tape (the ultra clear stuff) for $0.50 each! They were on clearance for $0.75 each and I had a $0.50/2 coupon. That is a good deal for nice tape!

-The sunscreen bottles were $9.99 and $10.99 full price and they were buy 1 get 1 free. The lady gave me the $10.99 bottle free (even though the free one should be the cheaper one) and I was able to use 2 $2 off coupons! That made it $6 for two full size bottles of sunscreen - you can't beat that, not even for generic sunscreen! Believe me, I have researched this to death! :)

As you can tell, I just love getting a good deal! It is so much fun to me to be able to find everyday items for incredible prices! I can't take credit for finding a lot of the stuff myself though. I rely on a lot of the ladies from my blog list to tell me about the good deals. They post deals and steals daily on their blogs and all I do is go there, read about them and then go out to the stores to take advantage of them!

I am currently looking for a part time job. I applied a few places and hope to get a job in the next few weeks. I am going to only work evenings and weekends so we don't have to put Xander in daycare. We have been waiting forever for Todd to get his own store so in the mean time, I am going to try to get a job so I can help out with money. I don't want to get a job, but would rather get a part time job than a full time job!

I have started a few cleaning projects in the house. I am a little late on the spring cleaning but it is stuff I really needed to get done! I cleaned out under the kitchen sink (which was a huge mess). There were bottles and rags and sponges all thrown haphazardly about. I organized the bottles under there so like products are all together now and moved a bunch of junk our from under there so it isn't so crowded. I am going to clean out our pantry also since it is a huge mess and there is stuff all over and we can barely get anything in there! I also started cleaning the basement which has become a place to throw all our junk when we don't have a place for it. I am trying to clear off the desk so that I can use it for sewing and scrapbooking! I have already started to clean it off and am excited to get the whole basement cleaned so I am not embarrassed for people to go down there anymore!

I better get back to it!

0 comments on "Growing boy!"

Post a Comment