Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 by 30 revisited


So, more than a year ago I decided to make a list of 30 things I would like to do by age 30. I said at the time that I reserved the right to change any of these. My sister in law did a 40 by 40 project, but on hers, she just said she wanted to do 40 things that she hadn't done before but she didn't choose them in advance the way I am. I think both ways are fun to do but for me, I feel like it will help me stick to the list more and help me do things I really want to do.

Here are my newest items - 20-30. At the bottom, I will post my previous 19 items and if I have accomplished any of them.

20. Go to a pro football game.

21. Go to a pro basketball game.

22. Go to a pro hockey game.

23. Run a half marathon.

24. Pass my series 53 test.

25. Go back to college (as to when I finish, that is up in the air).

26. Get invisalign (have wanted this for years).

27. Hike a 14er (not to be confused with my general goal of going on a hiking trip).

28. Go to Las Vegas.

29. Have my home fully decorated (so I don't feel like there are any rooms unfinished).

30. Crochet something that looks good.


Here are my previous goals:


1. Get a tattoo.

2. Lose 30 pounds - On my way. I am down about 10 or 11 pounds. I actually did this last year but have gained some back - time to get back to it!

3. Scrapbook my son's first year of life - Doing ok on this, need to catch up though. Still need to finish this!

4. Go on a hiking trip. I think we will do this soon now that we live in Colorado!

5. Get family pictures taken - plan on doing this when Xander turns 1. Booo. I never did this but had scheduled this last fall but then we moved before our appointment. Soon.

6. Start playing piano again. Not yet, but want to buy a piano for our new house.

7. Start swimming again.

8. Do another scrapbook of some sort besides Xander's baby scrapbook - also working on this. I've started a few but need to finish these. I plan to once we move into our house.

9. Visit two states that I haven't been to yet.

10. Be able to run 3 miles without stopping. I got close back in 2009 but haven't gotten back into running for a while.

11. Read at least 25 of these novels.

12. Have my A1C level below 6.5 for 1 straight year.

13. Have our second child if we decide to have another. Probably not going to happen before 30 but who know!

14. Have at least one car that is paid off.

15. Travel overseas, preferably to France/Spain.

16. Have made at least one cake with fondant and be able to say it turned out well.

17. Win a photo hunt contest like this one. Just one picture needs to win for me to be happy!

18. Sew at least one article of clothing from scratch.

19. Have hair longer than my shoulder for once in the last 10 years! Yay!! I did this one - and recently chopped it all off!

1 comments on "30 by 30 revisited"

Travel & Dive Girl on January 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM said...

This is a great list. I think they are all attainable. Keep up the good work on your weight loss.

Post a Comment