Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions


I know that it is so cliche but I am going to go ahead and make a few. I am going to keep it pretty simple and not go overboard so I can stay realistic.

The two words I am going to focus on are 'blame' and 'commitment'

A famous quote says 'blame renders you powerless'. I need to quit blaming other people or other things when something goes wrong in my life. True, there are plenty of times that something is someone else's fault, but blaming someone else takes away my power to try and fix it. I need to take responsibility where I should and accept things that I can't change without getting so upset.

I used commitment as my other one because I need to fully commit to things instead of starting and stopping things and I should encourage my husband to do the same. I am pretty bad about starting a project or a workout routine or whatever it might be and not following all the way through. I don't feel I do this at my job because I know I can't, but I do this a lot in my personal life.

Hopefully this will be a great year for me and my family and for everyone else too!

1 comments on "New Year's Resolutions"

Travel & Dive Girl on January 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

Great outlook - you are totally right about the blame thing. I used to do it all the time, but now I just accept what happens, knowing that I control it if I take ownership of it.

I'm bad at starting and not finishing things - especially when it comes to diet and exercise. Two things I hate most...

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment