Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Thursday random thoughts


Ok so I always miss the "Tuesday Randoms" post (or most of the time) so I just pick a day and write about random things. You see, that is the way I am most of the time (random) so I guess it works for me!

Did you know that May 4th is the unofficial (or maybe official - who knows) Star Wars day? Here is the reason - "May the 4th be with you". Hahahahaha! I hadn't heard that one until recently and many others are probably thinking, 'I've seen that a million times'. Maybe I have been hiding under a rock.

We decided to buy some new electronic gear - we got a new printer, a blue ray dvd player and a computer all within about a week. We got the printer because we wanted a wireless one and also, this new one is a scanner, copier and fax machine also (though we will probably never fax) and the one we had before was literally just a printer and had to be plugged into your computer to print. We got an amazing deal on it. Todd has always wanted a blue ray player too so when we found an amazing deal on one of those too, we got it. And last but not least, the computer. We only had two laptops that worked and we really wanted a regular ol' desk top, so we got one. Also feel like we really got a great deal.

This week has pretty much gone faster than any other in my life I swear. Work has been nuts and I have had something going on almost every night this week (of my own doing). I cannot believe tomorrow is Friday, but I am ready for the weekend for sure! I have a million and one things on my to do list and not sure when I will get them done. I feel like I have barely seen my kiddo this week even though the amount of time I have seen him is pretty much the same as always.

I am starting to really think hard about my job. I think the company I work for has a lot of great jobs and I think I have a chance to do really well there and move up with a lot of hard work. I just got my series 24 and my boss ordered my next book - the 66. After I am done with the 66 (hopefully in another month to month and a half) I will take either the Series 4 or 53. I will probably take both but not sure in what order yet. I think the more licenses I get, the better. Of course this will all be irrelevant if we end up moving.

I am coming to the realization that I will have very little time out in the sun this summer so I am thinking of breaking down and buying a tanning package. I know it is so bad for me, but I just don't know how much I care. I hate being so, so, so white. I swear having a tan makes you look thinner too! I need that big time!

I need to re-paint my toenails. I know no one cares about that at all but I do!

I love folding Xander's laundry! He has such cute, tiny things and they smell so good! I wish doing my own laundry was that much fun.

I have been sleeping like crap recently. I don't know why and I can't seem to get myself to have a good night sleep no matter what I do. I feel like this has been going on about two weeks. Man, I am going to need a sleeping pill soon!

I am no angel and am not perfect by any means, but I just cannot stand people who think they are right about everything or know everything. Self-righteous people just plain bug me. I just don't understand why some people always have a certain 'tone'. Almost like they are always condescending and think they are better or know far more than you. Grrrrrr.

Happy Thursday, almost Friday and happy weekend! Can't wait!

1 comments on "My Thursday random thoughts"

Travel & Dive Girl on May 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM said...

First, let me thank you for all the kind words you leave me on my blog - you make my day!

"May the 4th be with you". No matter how lame that is - it still makes me laugh.

"Self-righteous people just plain bug me." YUP! When I hear the "tone", my grumpy instincts get turned on...

It sounds like you've made the right move with work and you certainly seem to be enjoying your job more now. Congratulations!

Have a great weekend and Mommy's Day!! You're the best.

Post a Comment