Thursday, April 23, 2009

100 Things


So, I recently started blogging more often and switched from Wordpress to Blogger. I have stumbled upon a few blogs that I really enjoy and this is one of them:

http://remembermoments0823.blogspot.com/


I thought this was fun. 100 things about me. Though 100 is a lot, I think it makes you think and remember things that have happened in your past and also makes you realize certain things about yourself. I did a very similar thing to this on facebook, but that was 25 things. Now I am going to try to come up with 100! Here goes!

1. My middle name, Katherine, is after my mom's grandma's middle name.

2. I have been married a little over 4 1/2 years and love my husband more than he knows!

3. I have one baby who just turned 5 months. I am not sure I want another baby though.

4. I am a stay at home mom which has ALWAYS been my dream job.

5. We are kinda poor so I may not be a full time stay at home mom anymore. A PT job may be in my future.

6. We had three dogs. We recently got rid of two. Don't think we are bad people - this was so hard for us to do and many tears were shed over it.

7. I love to do laundry and dishes, but hate cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming.

8. I want a tattoo really bad but am not sure I will ever have the guts to get one.

9. I used to have my belly button pierced and hid it from my mom for about a year.

10. I have never 'officially' broken a bone, but think I may have broken my toe. Never went to the doctor for it though.

11. I graduated high school but never went to the ceremony.

12. I took piano lessons for 10 years and wish I had a piano to play these days.

13. I was a swimmer off and on for about 8 years.

14. I have an unusual obsession with popcorn.

15. I love diet coke but gave it up - at least buying cases to have in my house.

16. I have my ears pierced but barely ever wear earrings.

17. I used to work at a jewelry store and obtained a large diamond in the process.

18. I own more purses than I could ever carry - I should sell some.

19. I love watching Husker football and feel mad and sad when they lose.

20. I have only been out of the country once - on my honeymoon.

21. I have only flown in an airplane 4 times. That's right, 4!!!

22. I love Chicago and am certain I could live there.

23. The three places in the US I want to visit the most are New York, Florida and SoCal.

24. The only place outside the US I REALLY want to visit is France/Europe.

25. I would love to sky diving but again, am not sure I will ever do it or have the guts to do it.

26. I am paranoid when water skiing that a fish is going to bite my rear, so I always clack my skis together a ton while I am waiting before the boat gets going.

27. I eat string cheese by taking bites out of it, but not by 'stringing' it.

28. I have a red car. I only like red, white, black and silver cars. I would take another color if I had to but other colors would never be my first choice.

29. I buy the Sunday newspaper mostly for the coupons. I do read some of it though.

30. I secretly hope my son says 'mama' first instead of 'dada'. :)

31. I don't wear socks much during the winter - only when I am leaving the house.

32. My favorite movie is Legally Blond. I wish I looked like Reese Witherspoon.

33. I admit that since staying at home, I have become a closet addict of Days of Our Lives.

34. I had my son by c-section and I never want to have another one. Ouch.

35. There are about 950 new diapers in my son's closet right now. I am obsessed.

36. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 23. One of the worst days of my life.

37. If there is also a regular door to enter, I will always choose it over a revolving door.

38. I want invisalign for my teeth more than I can say. I hate my teeth.

39. I am always curious what people are doing with their lives. Some might call me nosy, but I think of myself as interested or curious, possibly bored.

40. I hate going to the post office particularly because of one mean nasty lady who works there.

41. I hate to shower, though I do it daily. I love the clean feeling but I think a shower is like work.

42. I have an obsession with clean hands. I'm not worried about germs so much, but I like them to feel clean. Because of this, I don't put lotion on my hands very often.

43. I have always been blond. I am not sure if I will ever be anything other than blond.

44. I can always get a decent tan, but I always burn a few times each summer first.

45. I want to be a great scrapbooker! I just started and am terrible so far. I hope to keep doing it and getting better.

46. I like to see myself as crafty, but don't get a lot of chances to show that off. I used to do more creative stuff as a kid but don't have much time for it anymore.

47. I love getting the mail! I always hope there will be something great in it, but usually it is mostly junk mail.

48. I like rap music. I don't like the words they use sometimes, but love the beats.

49. I actually like Walmart unlike some people. I love how I can buy most everything in one store. I also like Target, but they are more expensive on most things.

50. I love drinking coffee. I don't have it much since being pregnant and now nursing my son.

51. I was good at English and Math in school. Those two don't usually go together.

52. I love washing and folding baby clothes. It makes me happy to see such tiny things.

53. Even though the American dream is to have a big house, nice cars and lots of extra money, I am actually looking forward to downsizing slightly. Too much stuff is chaos for me.

54. I am not interested in gardening and the like. I don't like bugs or spiders and don't like dirt much either.

55. I hate summer. I guess I hate humidity more than summer itself. Give me 60 any day.

56. I could spend all day every day on the internet. A baby prevents this, but that is good.

57. I think every single day goes faster than the last. I am pretty sure this is because I don't work anymore. When I did, the days lasted sooooo long! Also because I have a kid now.

58. I was on a diving team for one summer when I was in junior high. I was just ok.

59. I used to work out 2 hours a day when my husband and I were dating. Gone are those days.

60. I love to watch hockey and know much more about it than most guys would believe.

61. I am a little bit of a bottled water snob. I can do tap but much prefer bottled.

62. I don't think I am a pack rat but tend to stockpile stuff when it goes on sale.

63. My fingernails always grow pretty long before they break or are cut. I have good nails.

64. I have a lot of books, but none of them are classics except The Hobbit.

65. I love the Harry Potter series and am not afraid to admit it. I think the movies were disappointing though because each one had to leave so much out for times' sake.

66. I love pictures and frames. I have way too many all over my house.

67. My husband and I play Scrabble and Chess together. I taught him Chess and he now kicks my tail every time we play. I do win at Scrabble though.

68. I could eat cereal for any meal of the day.

69. I hate spiders. I don't just dislike them, I hate them with a passion. They scare me and can make me nauseous.

70. I love to play guitar hero. I am not that good but love it anyway.

71. I have a ton of candles in my cupboard. I love candles but forget to burn them much.

72. My favorite color is pink. I love most pink things but a pink car might be pushing it.

73. I love to take pictures. I wish I could be a photographer.

74. I regret not having more pictures from my honeymoon. I don't know why we didn't take that many.

75. I didn't like high school. It was ok for the first 2 years but the second 2 years, I hung out with older people not in high school anymore, mostly my sister and our mutual friends.

76, I got 2 speeding tickets within 2 months of each other and I haven't had one since. I have been driving for 10 years.

77. I won a coloring contest when I was little. The prize was a huge stuffed bunny.

78. Shhh, don't tell my mom - I used to find my hidden Christmas presents almost every year.

79. We had a pool and tore it out. We have a hot tub and it doesn't work.

80. I lived at home with my parents until I got married.

81. I need at least 9 hours of sleep a night or I am not a happy camper the next day.

82. When a telemarketer calls, I pick up then hang up. I am mean I guess.

83. I haven't been camping since I was a kid. My husband and I agree that a hotel is better.

84. Siddhartha was THE most boring book ever. Ever.

85. I use google for everything.

86. Pregnancy was the longest 8 months of my life. I wanted to meet the baby so bad!

87. I was only pregnant for 8 months. Lucky me. Xander was born at 37 weeks!

88. My husband and I broke up a few times while we were dating. Before we got back together for good we were broken up for almost 3 months!

89. I own a ton of nail polish but never do my nails!

90. I am convinced that the medical profession is somewhat evil and that they don't want to find cures for diseases because of how much money would they would lose out on.

91. Regarding #90, I am somewhat of a conspiracy theorist.

92. I get really nervous speaking in front of crowds even though I am outgoing.

93. I am double jointed in my hands, fingers and elbows.

94. I hate the Wizard of Oz. It creeps me out. Kinda like some people with clowns.

95. I speed at least a little bit most of the time. I have toned it down since having a baby.

96. I only have one grandparent left. My husband doesn't have any left.

97. I don't see my mom as old enough to be a grandparent. She will always be young to me.

98. I don't see myself as 26! I still feel like I am 21.

99. Until the market crashed, it was a game to me to play around with stocks. Fun stuff.

100. I am not interesting at all! I have a boring, simple life, but that is ok with me! :)

0 comments on "100 Things"

Post a Comment