Monday, April 13, 2009

Some random things


- I have had a cold for 3 days now. I haven't had one in a while and I always forget how much it sucks to not be able to breathe!

- Xander is turning 5 months in 8 days!!!!! I cannot believe how fast he is growing and changing. He can hold his head up so well now, sit with support, pass a rattle back and forth between his hands, pull his pacifier out of his mouth and put it back in, giggle, bear weight on his legs and he seems to get cuter every day (I know, I am soooo biased)!

- I started walking on our treadmill last week and walked 5 days out of 7. I took 2 days off since I have this cold and though I still have it, I am going to walk today anyway. I have GOT to lose some weight before summer. I am not expecting to drop 50 lbs or anything, but even 20 would make me feel so much better. Once I get started, it is always easier to stick with it. On the same subject, I ordered the weight watchers point book on ebay and got it today. I am not going to "diet" but rather try to count points and still have some of the foods I want but count the points so I can lost some weight. I hate the word diet and it makes me feel deprived which in turn makes me want to cheat.

- I can't wait to go see my new nephew! I think Todd and I are going to try and go at the end of the month. I hope it works out and even though the drive is almost 8 hours each way and we will only stay 1 day, I still want to go so bad!

- I read this ebook about how to make money on ebay as a stay at home mom. I think I am going to try a few of the ideas and see how I do. I would like to make some extra money since I am staying at home and have already sold some stuff on ebay. I know how to do it, but I would like to get into it a bit more seriously and regularly. I don't expect to make a lot of money right away but I might eventually figure out how to make a reasonable amount on it.

- I really want to work on a budget for our family. I have read articles and blogs on how to do it and get started. Now I just need to sit down and do it one of these days. I think the biggest changes we are going to make are getting rid of cable all together and changing to a cash only system for groceries. Every time I go to the store, I spend whatever I want more or less on groceries. I will probably start bringing a set amount of cash (say $50 - $60 a week) with me so that I have to really consider what I am buying and come in under budget. I think using a debit card makes me feel like I have more than I do and I end up spending too much every time! This will probably take a lot of planning on my part, but it is something I need to do to save money.

- I am still debating whether or not I want another child. Some people might say it is too early to decide if I want another one or not since Xander is not even 5 months yet, but I just cannot decide. I am sure in a year or so I will have made up my mind, but a huge consideration for me is money. I had a c-section and Xander was in the hospital for 1 day after he came home which racked up some big medical bills for us. I don't even want to consider having another child until we have paid off the hospital for our first one, which will be almost a year! I don't want to have to go back to work full time and I feel like if we had another child, we wouldn't be able to afford much of anything. Todd's job and what happens with it also plays a major roll. The sooner he gets his own store and we move, the sooner we will be on the road to a better financial situation.

- We got rid of Charlie this week. We are now down to one dog! It is so weird having gone from 3 dogs to 1 in less than 2 months. It's not that we didn't love our other two dogs, but we just didn't have as much time for them as we used to. We kept our Siberian Husky and we love her so much. We won't ever get rid of her if we can help it. I still love dogs, and would possibly own more than one again in the future, but we will be smarter about what dog we choose if we get another.

- I am really doing bad at keeping up with Xander's scrapbook. I really need to work on it this week. I am only two months behind, but that is bad since he is not even 5 months yet. The problem is, I have two scrapbooks also! I have a smaller one and a big one. The big one is much harder to keep up with and I am just not very good at the layouts yet. I am trying to gather ideas and inspiration from every layout I see, but it is hard to store all the images in my mind to pull from later. I need to just keep trying!

- Lastly, here is a cute picture of Xander that I just love!


2 comments on "Some random things"

Amy on April 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

That's a cute picture of Xander! Oh, it took us until last fall to pay off Grant's hospital bills...with my placenta previa hospital stay, blood transfusions, c-section, etc. So, that took 24 months exactly, but he was all worth it. Once Xander gets to Grant's age, I guarantee you'll want at least one more! You'll want that daughter! :)

Megan on April 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

oh my he is such a cutie!

I switched about a year ago to cash only at the grocery store. I love it and it makes me spend ALOT less. I definitely recommend it!

Good job on exercising!!! I keep telling myself to get movin' but yet I don't....

Post a Comment