Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday


Today was a good day. Todd and I both worked out this morning for the first time in a long time! We then went out and dropped off donations at the Goodwill, went to Lowe's to get some screws, went to Target to fill my prescription and then to Walmart for groceries. It was a productive day - better than sitting around like we normally do.

When Todd and I first met, he worked out all the time and even though I didn't, I was much thinner than I am now. I started working out a lot more when we started dating. We both used to work out 5-6 days a week most weeks. Looking back now, it does seem excessive, but it was a lifestyle then. We were both in great shape and working out was a regular part of our day. Now, we are lucky if we get a workout in at all. Todd recently bought some weight equipment to use in place of going to a gym. We already have a treadmill, some free weights, an exercise ball and some bands so we added the weight set to our home gym. We both want to start working out again on a regular basis. Even after one workout I already feel better. Immediately I had more energy and though I have a long ways to go until I am in shape, I feel good and that I am on the right track (if only I can keep it up).

Xander was a good boy today when we were out. He was fussy a little bit this morning but ended up having a good day. He has been consistently sleeping well for us. He sleeps a minimum of 10 hours most nights, usually 11 or more. On Thursday night, Xander woke up around 4:30 and was crying for a while which is unusual for him. We though maybe something was wrong with him, but he ended up going back to sleep after about 20 minutes.

I can't believe Xander is 4 1/2 months already. I am almost sad how fast he is growing but am trying to enjoy every day that I have with him. I am thankful I get to stay at home with him because I feel like if I worked, I would miss so much of his life! He is an amazing little boy.

0 comments on "Saturday"

Post a Comment