Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The good and the bad


So Xander slept for 12 hours last night for the first time! The closest he has gotten before is about 11 1/2 hours but that has been a few weeks. He usually sleeps about 10-11 hours most nights and I have been trying to get him to go to bed earlier so he can sleep 12 hours most nights. Last night he went to bed before 10 but the night before he didn't get to bed until about 11 which is not how I want things to go. One slip and we are back on track!

So today while clipping Xander's nails, I accidentally clipped his skin a little and he started crying! It broke my heart to see him cry from being in pain that I caused! That was the first time I have hurt him that I am aware of. He actually started bleeding a little too. I felt so, so bad. I held him close to comfort him and he stopped crying within about 30 seconds. I still felt so bad, but I am sure there will be many times in my life where I will feel bad about something like this. I just have to cuddle with my little guy, make sure he is ok and move on.

0 comments on "The good and the bad"

Post a Comment