Friday, June 5, 2009

Sugar in baby food!


Maybe I am crazy but I swear almost all of the baby food I have bought and looked at on the store shelves doesn't have any sugar in it unless naturally occurring (fruits). So today I go to feed Xander some mango's and after I fed it to him, I looked at the label and it had sugar as one of the ingredients! WHAT????? I thought baby food didn't have added sugar. I have read so many of the labels for baby food, and had never seen sugar listed before, that I think I assumed no baby food had sugar added. I guess that taught me to never trust previous research as a general rule. I don't think the food was that sweet even with the sugar, but I don't need to get my 6 month old addicted to sugar this early! I am so mad! Lesson learned.

0 comments on "Sugar in baby food!"

Post a Comment