Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Random thoughts on a Tuesday


I want to start this post off by saying a couple of things. First of all, it seems 'random thought Tuesday' or something to that effect is the thing to do on the blogs on Tuesday. That is why I thought I would give it a shot.

Next, I wanted to say, normally I would write a post during the day except for the fact that I have NO access to the internet during work. I suppose I should follow up that sentence with the truth - I have very little access to the internet at work and that means I can't get to any fun sites - just a few work related ones. Also, they do provide *4* computers you can use to get to any website during your lunch and breaks but it is nearly a joke because there are a few hundred employees in our building and half the time you can't get on a computer due to someone else being on them and after going down to the lower level to get there, you barely have any time left in your break to actually use them. Not being able to get online is kind of depressing.

Anyway, on to the random thoughts.

-I am so, so, so excited to have my long weekend! Tomorrow is my Friday and I actually decided to take Monday off also so I will have 5 days off in a row! Woohoo! I cannot wait. I have a lot planned and hope to get even half of my to do list done.

-I am making some popcorn on the stove top as I type this. My husband decided to make popcorn on the stove one time a few months ago and ever since then I have been hooked. I will rarely, if ever, eat microwave popcorn again.

-We are getting a rather large tax refund and I am super excited. We have 100 things we could do with the money but we are going to make sure we use it responsibly. We need a new kitchen table and to pay a couple of things off. I wish we could just splurge and go on a vacation but we are going to try and be smart about it.

-I joined this goofy facebook group about making fun of people who use bad grammar. It is funny because it drives me crazy when people use your and you're wrong and also there, their and they're. To me it is so simple and if you have to stop and think about it, it only takes a second or two to make sure you get it right to not look like an idiot. At the same time, I realize that some people really struggle with grammar and I shouldn't make fun of them. I will say though that some of the pictures people post on that group of signs and other things with bad grammar are hilarious! The other thing I wanted to point out about this is I speak better than I type. With typing, sometimes I forget a word in a sentence, but it doesn't mean that I don't know what I am meaning to say - I just type it wrong. Either way.

-I feel like such an old person these days, probably because of the winter. I just want to go to bed earlier and earlier these days. I know if I work out more then I will have more energy but it is hard to get started again.

-I have been paying for weight watchers and haven't been going. Maybe I need to go back one of the days that I am off this week so I can get back on track. It feels so good to lose weight and I really need to work on it again.

1 comments on "Random thoughts on a Tuesday"

Travel & Dive Girl on February 10, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

Great Random Thoughts! Have a super-duper extra long weekend. Be sure to take some time for yourself - to do things you want to do!

Post a Comment