Saturday, June 26, 2010

And some more thoughts in my brain....


As if what I shared yesterday wasn't long enough, here are some more random thoughts in my head and some things going on in my life right now.

I started the really bad habit of letting my kiddo play with my phone. He doesn't play with it a lot but when he does, he tends to throw it or drop it a lot. Luckily we have Sprint and they changed their policy to where you can get the full discount on a phone once a year instead of once every two years. I got a new phone at the end of last October so I can get another one this year if I want. I would love to get a new one and not let him play with it so I can have an unscratched and messed up phone. Mine has already seen its better days.

Since I have been losing some weight, I am now able to wear my wedding ring every day. I couldn't get it on my finger at all for a while and only wore it here and there and now I wear it pretty much every day (which I love). My ring is pretty (in my opinion) and I also like looking married. I hated not wearing a ring before. There are lots of perks to losing weight!

It's funny how there are a lot of times that you say 'small world' but I had a major one of those experiences recently. I have been in my new department at work for almost three months now and just last week I found out that one of the ladies that I work with (there are only six of us in the department) has a daughter who was a medical assistant at the OBGYN I went to who delivered my baby! I saw her every time I went to my appointment! She was really funny and very nice but it is just weird that I didn't know that for almost two months. Crazy!

It's funny how easy it is to compare ourselves to others. I do it all the time without even realizing it but I know it's not a good thing to do. I know that everyone is different for a reason and it would be boring if everyone was the same. But there are ceratinly things about others that I want or ways I want to be like others. It is hard when there is a girl here or there that I compare myself to and think that everyone else looks at me and looks at her and thinks the other girl is prettier, smarter or better in some way. It is kinda stupid to compare but I think I will always do it whether I really want to or not. I think losing weight and having more confidence will help me out and help me do it less.

I bought Xander a little baby pool but haven't used it yet. I think today might be a good day to take him out since it is hot out! Sunscreen and cold water and we should be good to go! :)

1 comments on "And some more thoughts in my brain...."

Travel & Dive Girl on June 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM said...

Weight loss can do a lot for self-esteem and I'm sure it will help you out with comparing yourself to others. You just need to remember that those other girls you compare yourself to are probably comparing themselves to you - you have a wonderful husband, a fabulous child, a good job. You have stuff to be envious of too...

Post a Comment