Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dec. 28, 2008


Copied older post:

Christmas has never come so quick before. I know now that I have a child, life is going to fly by! Having Xander at the end of November made Christmas time go by so fast this year. I feel like I barely got to enjoy it, yet I enjoyed it so much because I got to spend every day with my son. I didn't put any lights up on the house or outside at all and I barely decorated the inside of the house either. I did put up one small Christmas tree in our family room, but in the past few years I have put up two trees in the house and a multitude of other decorations, but this year the house was pretty bare. I didn't mind though because right now I have a bigger priority. Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' house with all of my side of the family. We ate, then went to Christmas Eve service at church and then came home, opened gifts then relaxed for a while. On Christmas day we went over to Amy and Andy's house where all of Todd's side of the family was there. We ate lunch and then opened gifts and also relaxed before heading back to Omaha. I enjoyed the time with family so much and having a son makes me appreciate family even more. I now appreciate my mom for having raised me and surviving! Being a mom is harder than I thought it would be but it is awesome too.

I can't wait until Xander is a little older and he can open presents and get excited about them. At my parents' house this year, Avery was the only one who was close to understanding the concept of presents and getting to open them. My sister decided to buy santa hats for all of the cousins and we took some pictures of them which I am adding at the end of this post. I know with kids, the memories of Christmas will be more fun than ever! I know how much I enjoyed Christmas as a kid and I hope I can make it as fun for my kids as it was for me.

0 comments on "Dec. 28, 2008"

Post a Comment