Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dec. 30, 2008


Copied older post:

Ok ok, I stole the cheesy title from a movie. So here is my dilemma. My boss wants me to come back to work. I want to be a stay at home mom. I had my mind made up that I was going to be a stay at home mom long before I ever had a baby. It's not that my boss or a little money could make me change my mind, but I went to work today to visit everyone and bring Xander in. My boss gave me my review paperwork when I was there and since I have been off on maternity leave, I was given quite the raise. I thought I made good money before but when he showed me how much I would make if I came back to work, it surprised me quite a bit. So there you have it - my dilemma is love (my amazing son) or money (going back to work). I do feel like I have to choose between the two because if I go back to work, I will see so little of my little boy. If I stay at home with him, I get to spend all the time I want with him but I will not be making money. I don't think it is much of a dilemma since I still don't plan on going back to work at all regardless of how much money they offer me. But in general, if I didn't have a baby I would be very happy to make that amount of money at work. I am not a greedy person, that is why I won't choose the money over my son. I guess saving money by cutting coupons and shopping sales will just have to be the best I can do to contribute to the household finances from now on!

0 comments on "Dec. 30, 2008"

Post a Comment