Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dec. 29, 2008


Copied older post:

So today is Monday and it is about 4 in the afternoon and I haven't gotten anything done today! It is so strange how much life changes when you have a baby. I didn't get to bed until about 1 last night because Xander was awake until then. He slept until about 6 this morning when I fed him again. I put him back down about 7 and he cried for about an hour (yes I checked on him). So I slept again from about 8-9:30 while he slept. I fed him again and laid him back down about 11. I was still tired to I decided to lay down too since the overall number of hours of sleep I am getting these days is significantly less than ever before. My point is, I didn't really get up for the day until after 1. But since I am going to bed so late, sleeping in so late isn't that weird. It is just so weird that my days are so messed up right now. I am hoping we can get into some regular routine soon and that I can move our bedtime back by a few hours. Right now he doesn't seem to think it's night until after midnight. I am just trying to make it through each day without going crazy. I feel lucky most days if I can get a shower in before 6 in the evening or even at all! Now that Christmas is over, there are no presents to wrap, no Christmas letters to get out and less stress overall, so I am hoping to get organized and get into a better schedule with Xander. Every time I look at the little guy, it makes me smile. He is so sweet when he sleeps and I just want to hug him all the time. But the thing that stinks is I can't hug him all the time because when I get done feeding him (which seems like all I do) I have to put him down to get other things done. It is frustrating sometimes - I wish I was rich and could hire someone to clean my house so I could spend all my free time holding my son! Anyway, I have a million things to do this week and I have a feeling I won't get most of them done, but all I can do is try! Here is another picture of my cute little son.

0 comments on "Dec. 29, 2008"

Post a Comment