Monday, September 21, 2009

No way!!!!


Has this ever happened to you?

Here is the story - I have been looking for a Halloween costume for Xander for a couple of months now. It's not because I love Halloween so much like some people but because this is his first Halloween, he will be 11 months old and I thought it would be fun to dress him up! I don't even know if we will go trick or treating but we are probably going to get together with the neighbors so I can at least take him over in his costume and take lots of pictures! Anyway, I have been trying to decide what to do, going back and forth from wanting to do a monkey to not really caring what we do. The monkey is the only idea I really had and I have seen other things I liked, but really only had the monkey in mind at first. So the one I liked the most is the Old Navy monkey costume. A close second would be a Curious George monkey costume.

So....today I am cleaning out Xander's closet, thinking that I have to make more room for the clothes we just got from my sister-in-law. I started with the hanging stuff - I took out some stuff that is too small and found a few things that he will fit in soon to wash. I remember my sister-in-law, Amy, had given us a couple of costumes and I just wanted to look at them again to see what they were. So I open the bag and there is this cute little dog/dalmatian costume that says it fits size 2-4. Cute, but a little too big for this year!

No, the story doesn't end there. I look at the other costume and realize it is the OLD NAVY MONKEY COSTUME! In a size 12-24 months! I cannot believe the monkey costume that I wanted was right in Xander's closet! That is so weird and I am so excited! My only concern is that it might be a little big, but I looked at it and I think we can make it work! Yay for us! No spending money - that is one of the best parts! I am so thankful for hand-me-downs and that we don't have to step foot outside our house or spend a penny to have a costume for Xander!

2 comments on "No way!!!!"

Sharon on September 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM said...

I LOVE when that happens! It's like God is smiling down, waiting to make us laugh!

Amy on September 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM said...

Glad you can enjoy those costumes. I bought the Old Navy monkey one at my neighbor's garage sale and since would not have fit Grant at his 2nd Halloween, I chose to dress him in the middle of summer for a photo shoot. That is one of my absolute favorite monkey pages. Xander will look adorable!

Post a Comment