Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Should I change the name of my blog?


My title asks that question because it seems like all I have been writing about recently is my running (or jogging - whatever you want to call it). I am so into this whole Couch to 5k thing and I am excited about my progress so I feel like it is all I talk about. I mean, it's not the only thing I talk about when I have normal conversations with people but on here, it is easy to write about.

My life is pretty boring so when I do something other than play with my son all day, I want to write about it! I am just loving the way I feel now that I am running. I am super excited that I have made it as far as I have! Too bad I haven't lost any weight from it yet.

Today I ran 20 minutes straight with no stopping! I was sure towards the very end that I was going to die, but I made it! The first 10 minutes were not too bad but I didn't feel as good as I did the other day when I did two 8 minute runs. Anyway, towards about 14-15 minutes I was seriously wishing it was over with but I held on. I kept a steady speed all the way until the last 3 minutes when I slowed down a little. I was definitely just jogging at the very end and slowly at that, but I still did it! I was just amazed that my body was able to make it through! 20 minutes is more than double what I did before (8 was the longest I had gone) and I had only done the 8 minutes once!

The cool thing is, the next workout I do goes back to a combo of running and walking but the running periods are longer than they were before (but not longer than the 20 minutes). I am glad to have a little easier of a workout again. During the next two workouts, I am going to work on bumping up my speed since the runs will each be shorter. After 20 minutes, everything else will seem like cake I bet!

Here are my next 3 workouts:

Workout 1 of week 6 -

Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Workout 2 of week 6 -

Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)

Workout 3 of week 6 -

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.

25 minutes in a week? I don't know, 20 about killed me. But I think if I just keep going with the workouts, I will be able to do it.

2 comments on "Should I change the name of my blog?"

Sharon on September 2, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

OMGoodness!!

How AWESOME!

I can't believe you did 20 minutes.

That's HUGE! What an accomplishment.

I'm so excited for you!!

You Go Girl!

Sharon on September 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM said...

And no, I don't think you need to change the name of your blog. A day in the life is exactly what you're sharing.

Plus, it's your blog. You can write about anything you darn well want to! I certainly do!!

Post a Comment