Thursday, September 10, 2009

Monthly check up


Ok, so I am a little late (or a lot late if you want to say that) on this post.

My previous post here stated that I wanted to make goals each month, try to achieve them and then post about them after the month is over. I am just now getting around to my check up for the previous month and I also am late on posting my goals for this month.

Ok let's start with the previous goals. I will post the goals and the results first.

1. Lose 5 pounds. I have lost about 12 and need to lose a lot more but 5 is possible. I didn't lose 5, more like 1-2. I didn't weigh myself a ton the last month, but overall, I am down about 1-2 consistently. Not goal, but better than nothing, right?

2. Be to week 5 of couch to 5k by the end of the month. This shouldn't be too hard if I just stick with it. Made it! Yay! I am currently in week 6 - the last workout of week 6 is tomorrow.

3. Organize the hall closet. Sheets and blankets and pillowcases - oh my! So much stuff and so unorganized! Oh YEAH!!!! I totally did this too! The reason I needed to do this so bad is because due to my coupon obsession, we have a huge stockpile of razors, shampoo, toothpaste, shampoo shaving cream, etc. It looks great!

4. Apply for jobs. It is looking like I HAVE to get one so I need to work on this now. I have applied for more jobs but not as many as I should have. I applied for 6 last night and plan on applying for more soon.

5. Get Xander's 9 month pictures taken. Whew! Just got in under the wire on this one. We got these taken just a few days ago. Not in August, but they are done so that is good.

6. Start planning X's birthday party - it may seem like a ways off, but it will come SO fast! Oh, gosh. I haven't gotten very far yet. I have lots of thoughts and ideas swirling around in my head and I know for the most part what I am going to do but need to start writing down some ideas and ordering a few items online (since I can't get them locally).


Ok, now onto my goals for this month!

1. Lose 8 pounds. Lofty I know but I really need to lose more and Todd and I both want to work on this more so if we do it together, we will be more likely to succeed.

2. Find a job. Full time, part time, doesn't matter at this point. I just need one!

3. Organize the family room once and for all. It is always a mess and there are many things sitting around that I need to find a permanent home for. It won't always be perfectly clean because we have all of Xander's toys there but it could be a lot cleaner around the edges.

4. Run 25 minutes in a row without stopping at least 5 times. I am in week 6 of couch to 5k and tomorrow I am supposed to do my first 25 minute run. After that, every workout is pretty much a minimum of 25 minutes of running (in a row with no stopping). I don't know how well I will do with this but I sure am going to try!

5. Order some stuff for Xander's birthday party. I think I am going to order napkins and a few other decorations. We are going to do a Curious George theme so I am going to get a few items from the collection of party supplies.

6. Make a practice cake. I am going to try and make a very complicated cake for X's party and I need to buy some cake and frosting to make a practice cake. I am doing this so I can figure out what works and what doesn't so I don't mess it all up the day before his party.

7. Scrapbook more. I am SOOOOO far behind right now on X's scrapbook - I am not even done with month 5 yet and he is in his 10th month right now! Yikes! I need to order pictures to catch up. I would like to be to month 8 by the end of this month.

8. Have a rough layout for our Christmas card. I want to make our own Christmas cards this year. We are going to get a family picture taken for X's 1 year pictures (some family and some of just him) and we are going to order enough of the 4.5x5 pictures so I can use them for a Christmas card. I have a few ideas for this already but I want to get a better idea.

0 comments on "Monthly check up"

Post a Comment