Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's Questionnaire


I realize this is a little late, but I have seen this around the blog world and thought I would fill it out for myself if for no one else.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before?
I was a mommy all year for the first time! Xander was born in 2008 but I didn't have a full year with him then since he was born in November.

Oh yes and one more thing I am super proud of - I ran for 20 minutes straight. For me that is a big deal. I realize for most people that is no big deal but for me it is.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2010?
I don't think I made any last year but I did make a few for this year (although I didn't call them resolutions, just goals).

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009?
My sister Nicole had her son Eli in April. :)

4. Did anyone close to you die in 2009?
No and I am grateful for this.

5. What countries did you visit this year?
Countries? How many people in the US visit more than one country a year? (I guess if you are on a cruise you might stop at more than one). But for this girl it was a big fat zero and probably will be again for the next few years. Traveling to other countries requires lots of money which is something I don't have!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More money, less debt and better health.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 21st. My baby boy's first birthday! Other than that it was a boring year.


8. What was your biggest struggle in 2009?
Realizing I had to go back to work because we couldn't afford for me to stay home anymore. I am bitter about it almost every day and wish something would change so I can stay home again.


9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2009?
Nothing new that I didn't already have before.

10. What was the best thing you bought this year?
My Cricut machine for scrapbooking. I can't think of anything else interesting I bought so we will go with that.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I suppose my little boy's. He is a good boy and learning to listen to his mommy when she tells him to do something.

12. Whose behavior disappointed you?
I suppose my own.

13. Where did most of your money go?
My hospital bills from having the kiddo. Also diapers and clothes for Xander!

14. What did you get really really excited about this year?
Christmas and Xander's birthday.

15. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmmm, I would have to say several but there are too many to name.

16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer?
No to all of these which is sad.

17. What do you wish you had done more of?
Exercise and saving money.

18. What do you wish you had done less of?
Eating, spending money, being lazy and taking for granted staying home with my son.

19. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I didn't fall in love for the first time but fell more in love with my husband and son.

20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2009?
Tough one because I like several but I will have to say The Biggest Loser.

21. What was the best book you read this year?
Babywise, Babywise II and Toddlerwise. My kiddo would be much worse off if I hadn't.

22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
I know many other people have said the same thing but Lady Gaga for sure.

23. What did you want and get?
I don't think much of anything. It seems more like I wanted a lot of things that I didn't get, and not just physical things.

24. What was the best movie you saw this year?
Harry Potter hands down!

25. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
I didn't do much I don't think and I turned 27. I think me and my husband went out sometime within a week of my birthday for dinner.

26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Oh, a few things. To have lost more weight, if I would have been able to keep staying at home with my son and if we would have been better with our money.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
For most of the year I would have said sloppy since I stayed at home but since the end of the year I would say dressy since I wear nice work clothes 5 days a week.

28. What kept you sane this year?
My son and husband.

29. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
I am not sure what that means but I don't follow any one celebrity. I just read occasional articles on celebs.

30. Who did you miss this past year?
Not really anyone but if I had to pick I would say my sister since she lives the farthest away.

31. Who were the best new people you met this year?
I would say my new co-workers. Especially Christina!

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
Life is hard and never fair. No matter how bad you want some things, sometimes you will never get them. If you want something you have to work really really hard for it.

1 comments on "New Year's Questionnaire"

Travel & Dive Girl on January 16, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

Great Post! #32 is so true and as sad as it may be, it will be a lesson you will learn year after year (at least I do), but in all honestly - it's what keeps us moving forward...

Post a Comment