Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not much progress


First of all, it is funny how that title applies to my plans for the weekend to get some of my crafts done as well as many other things in my life such as my weight loss and a few other things. But that is not what this post is about - just pointing that out.

I successfully made my first chain crocheting but I couldn't get the turn right to start on my second row so I basically did a single chain over and over and over just to practice and then I pulled it out to start over. I practiced my slip knot several times also but I have nothing done. :(

Maybe I will try again later this week or next weekend.

I wanted to get at least one pair of shoes for Xander done this weekend but that didn't happen either. I did get all the fabric cut and the interfacing fused on to each piece but I got stuck when the stitching on the sole of my shoe was all loose and funny on the bottom. I think I am having bobbin issues but am not sure how to fix them. I have the manual for the sewing machine so I will be digging it out this week to try and figure out what is wrong. I pulled out the bobbin and now I don't know how to put it back in. This is a super old Singer (my moms) so it probably isn't the most user friendly but I am going to try to fix it.

I picked up some new fabric at Walmart tonight to make some more shoes. I have a bunch of pieces cut out to make several pairs of shoes (6 pairs I think). This is going to be a time consuming project at least at first until I get the hang of it I think. I still want to do it but am not even sure how the first pair will turn out. We will see I guess.

I got zero done on my scrapbooking and I am a little depressed about that. I am so far behind and almost feel like I will never catch up. I just don't know when I will have the time with working now. It seems like each weekend there are just too many other things to do. Although I guess I spent time cutting out the fabric for the shoes so I could have spent that time scrapbooking. Whatever.

0 comments on "Not much progress"

Post a Comment