Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Easy Homemade Baby Food


I just got finished making some homemade baby food for Xander. I made carrots/spinach and green beans. All I did was boil the vegetables according to package directions (about 10 minutes) and threw it in the blender on the puree setting. I add the water that it boiled in as needed and voila! So easy and so much cheaper than buying already made food. I got 7 servings out of each bag of veggies and they only cost $1 each! Normally, you can buy two servings of fruits or veggies from Gerber for about $0.90. I got more about three times that much for just about the same price. It doesn't even take much time to make! Plus, I know exactly what goes into the food and don't have to worry about preservatives. I just freeze the excess and thaw as necessary. Yay!

Here are some pics of my escapades.



The spinach/carrots in the blender



The spinach/carrots done and in containers.



The blender I used along with some water I added and the food in the containers.



The green beans in their containers once I was done.

1 comments on "Easy Homemade Baby Food"

Amy on July 15, 2009 at 11:41 AM said...

Wow! Those look hmmm.....like the stores. I couldn 't say delicious because that did not come to mind. I hardly remember feeding my kids baby food. I think that's because they grow up too fast.

Post a Comment