Monday, July 20, 2009

Saving money...


In the interest of saving money, I have gone to using many products in generic form. I am not too picky with most things. The only thing that I have to be careful about with generics is food. Most food and drinks are ok in generic, but there are a few things out there that just don't taste the same.

With non-food items, I don't think there has been anything so far that I have hated in generics. Recently, I have been trying as many different generic diapers as I can. I have tried a few kinds of generic baby wipes also. My most recent generic diaper purchase was from Big Lots last night. There diapers are called 'comfees'. They are cheaper than most generics (at least they were with the 20% off coupon I used last night). The thing that surprised me the most if they are actually softer on the outside than a lot of the other generics I have tried. As we speak, Xander is in the first diaper from this brand and I am interested to see how they do. Most generics seem to work about the same and they don't really leak anymore since he no longer has the 'breastfed baby poop' anymore. I think I am more interested in if they will leak pee instead.

I think saving money and being frugal is my newest hobby. I really started taking it seriously after I quit my job to stay home with Xander. I feel like I have saved so much money over the last 5-6 months. I have gotten so many free or nearly free items since I started 'couponing'. Some people might think it is silly to worry so much about it, but I figure, I have the time on my hands and no income of my own, so I might as well save as much as I can!

Here is a picture of the package of diapers I just bought. We will just have to see how they do! Obviously that will determine whether or not I will ever buy them again.


2 comments on "Saving money..."

Jeff9 on July 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM said...

I know a way to save more on toilet paper than any coupon or special. This covers all the bases = saves you money, helps the environment, helps your health, makes you feel better, it's so easy to do and it costs less than $50.00; Save money and the Earth and be clean at the same time! Add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all your bathrooms. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off” Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! Don’t worry, you can still leave some out for guests and can even make it the soft stuff without feeling guilty. It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. As for water use a drought is always a concern and must be dealt with prudently but remember the water use of industrial users far exceeds the water use of household users and in the case of toilet paper manufacture it is huge. The pollution and significant power use from that manufacturing process also contributes to global warming so switching to a hand bidet sprayer and lowering your toilet paper use is very green in multiple ways.

Sarah on July 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM said...

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is something I am not interested in. Have a nice day!

Post a Comment