Monday, August 17, 2009

Excuses, excuses


When it comes to me and working out, I find that it is so easy for me to find an excuse not to work out. I am sure that is true for a lot of people but it has always been the case for me.

I took several days off from my couch to 5k workouts because my hamstring was really sore. It was painful for about 4 days even though I was stretching it out a lot.

Tonight, I decided to get back into it and quit making excuses. I didn't quite do a week 4 workout (that is where I left off) and I did more than a week 3 workout. In other words, I ran a little less than a week 4 workout and a little more than a week 3 workout. I thought it was going to be super hard since I took about 6 days off, but it was easier than I thought! I feel really good after doing the workout and remember why I wanted to do this in the first place.

I am going to start doing a weights workout on my off days from running to build some muscle and tone my body more. I have always enjoyed weights and I am pretty strong. Plus, I don't find it near as hard as doing a cardio workout.

Anyway, no more excuses, unless I literally tear, pull or break something! I am going to finish the C25K workout if it kills me! I need to sign up for a 5k later this fall so it gives me something to look forward to and a reason to stick with it.

I have always wanted to be a runner and this is the first step in accomplishing that goal. I would like to be able to run for my workouts as I think it is one of the best cardio workouts you can do.

My week 4 is starting over on Wednesday and I will do the other two workouts Friday and Sunday and then week 5 will start Tuesday of next week and so on. I am excited to keep going with this and to see where it takes me!

1 comments on "Excuses, excuses"

Sharon on August 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM said...

Good for you for not let the excuses keep your from your goal. That's one of my biggest challenges. I start off strong and then fizzle.

You asked about the car-seat. I have been very happy with it. The brand is obviously well-regarded and the reviews were top-notch. I was lucky because my parents gave it to my son for his first birthday so I didn't have to pay for it... But if I had bought it myself, I probably would have found the pennies for it.

Hope that helps!

Post a Comment