Thursday, August 6, 2009

A post by pictures


Well, my life is never too interesting, but it is my life!

I decided to post some pictures so you can know what is going on in my world. Most of the pictures have nothing to do with each other but I wanted to post them anyway.


Here are my bargains first. I posted this here too!




These are the grocery deals I got today. Of note - I got three boxes of Fiber One toaster pastries for $0.12 each! Walgreens (of all places) had them on clearance for $0.62 each and I had 3 coupons for $0.50/1. Also, I got one of my boxes of Rice Krispies for free thanks to a coupon I got from Vocalpoint for a free box. I ended up getting both boxes for $2.50. The soy milk was about $0.60 due to a coupon and a sale and the four Healthy Choice meals in the front were a total of $0.66 for all four thanks to some more great coupons I printed online. I also had a coupon for free yogurt. The total for all of this was $22.50 but I got register rewards back for the Ragu, Skippy and Rice Krispies at Walgreens so it makes it about $16.50.





This picture probably shows the funnest deals I got today! Granted, I did pay out of pocket for all of this stuff but the cool thing is that I got a lot of it at Walgreens and got a bunch of Register Rewards back so I can use that towards future purchases. I paid a little over $21 out of pocket for the stuff I got and got $19 in Rewards towards my next purchases. Also, Target had some great things on clearance and all of the makeup shown probably cost me about $1 total at Baker's! The candles were $0.84 each on clearance at Target (not bad for soy candles plus I love candles)! The hand soap was $0.02 after coupon - basically free! The deodorant was $0.75. I found the baby lotion in the back left at Walgreens on clearance and with coupon it was $0.19!!!



This is the free stuff I got in the mail this last week. You can see there is a coupon for a free package of Yoplait Fiber One yogurt with some $1.35 off coupons and a coupon for a free box of Rice Krispies cereal with several $1.00 coupons. The Full Plate Diet book was completely free too! It is an advance copy before the book comes out so that is pretty cool. I also got some tampons, pads and coupons to go with them and a sample of Nivea body wash with a coupon.



On to an even better subject! Xander is so mobile these days! He rolls and crawls around until he finds himself in strange spots like this! He is behind the swing near the wall! Crazy kiddo!




My little man is a messy eater!



Sitting in his bumbo after being fed with a silly look on his face. Also, I didn't clean his face very well!




He sure can get his knees under him but he so far has refused to do a regular crawl. Just an army crawl for him.



Something I need to work harder to avoid - Xander watching TV. He doesn't look at it much if it is on but every once in a while he stops what he is doing to observe!



No, he isn't really drinking soda at this age, we just thought it would be a cute pic!


He does act like he wants it though!




Just X being his cute little self!



Helping mommy with her new coupon sorting system.



This pic is out of order. The next one down should be next showing my mess of coupons. This is after I started organizing them.



So many coupons!



The football/baseball cards my husband has from childhood that I stole the sleeves from!




X trying to play with the computer. He always grabs at it when he can.



Our little Husker with his hat backwards.



And with the hat forwards.




Just smiling as usual!



Also out of order I think - just a big mess after eating! Luckily, we tend to keep his hands out of it so it is just on his face and bib!

6 comments on "A post by pictures"

Mommy-Wise on August 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM said...

A few thoughts...
First, what a CUTE LITTLE BOY!! He is adorable!!
Second, I bought the Marie Callender Cafe Steamers last week... and they are really good! ...need to look for more coupons...
Third, I received my copy of The Full Plate Diet too... pretty cool book!
And now a question... I've been signing up for freebies for months now!! Everyday I walk to my mailbox, I'm expecting it to be FULL of them, but it's not. I get a few here and there... did it take you a while to start really getting your freebies?

Mommy-Wise on August 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM said...

Sarah - Thanks for the site recommendations! I'll check 'em out for sure!! I've been using those Gerber plastic containers too!! They're great!! And of course, duh! Ebay and CraigsList... why didn't I think of that? :o)

Deb on August 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

Hi,
wow you did great! Can you tell me how you go the full plate diet booklet? Thanks! Gotta get over to vocalpoint too.

Amber on August 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM said...

Found your blog through Moneysavingmom.com
Just wanted to say that your header is absolutely adorable!

Megan on August 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

Wow, you got some great deals this week. Love the pics of your little man! Too cute. Thanks for posting on my linky.

Amy w/ Full Plate Diet on August 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM said...

Your son is too cute! Great pictures.
Thanks for getting the advance reading copy of the Full Plate Diet. I hope you enjoy reading it and will give us feedback. It can definitely help your goal of losing five pounds.
I see Deb is inquiring about getting a free copy. We have already given away the 20,000 copies, but our publisher is allowing us to put an electronic version on our website Aug. 15th.
Best of health to you all of you!
Amy w/ Full Plate Diet

Post a Comment