Friday, August 14, 2009

My new obsession



I have NEVER been much of a history person at all. I was good at most subjects in school but was never really interested in history.

Recently, I started watching the Showtime series 'The Tudors' online with our netflix subscription. As the name suggests, the show is about the life of King Henry VIII. I am absolutely enthralled with this story now! I have been researching as much as I can about this time period online since watching the show. It is so strange to me that I am suddenly interested in this time period in history. I think the reason I am so interested in this story now is because of how well acted the show is and it makes the story more interesting than just reading if off of a page.

I just got done watching Jeopardy and the the final question was about how the king used the Leviticus passage from the bible saying that if someone marries his brothers' wife it is unclean. I knew the answer right away and I was excited to see the question!

Too bad I don't have access to a free public library to go and rent a few books about the topic and learn even more.

2 comments on "My new obsession"

Jill on August 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM said...

You don't have a public library??

I bet there are a lot of great websites out there to get information, too.

If you haven't seen HBO's ROME, it can lead to the same deal, too. I became fasinated with the history of Rome after watching it on HBO.

Sarah on August 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM said...

Yeah Jill, when I found out we don't have access to a public library, I was angry, to say the least! We can't use Omaha libraries because we live outside city limits yet we don't live in another city like Gretna or Papillion so we can't use theirs either! We could pay to use one of these but I am not about to since I already pay taxes.

I have done some research online already and that is what I will continue to do.

I will have to see if they have Rome on Netflix.

Post a Comment