Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My 16 minute run...


Well, the title might be a little bit misleading but I did run 16 minutes total in my workout today. Last week I was only at 9 minutes total of running for my workout but I skipped all the way to 16 minutes this week. That is what the workout says to do so it's not like I chose that much.

It was pretty hard but I knew it would be. The last 5 minute run, I thought I was going to die, but once I was done running, I felt really good! It was pretty sweet. I think I'm just amazed that I am already running this much because I have never been a runner at all! I am really curious to see if I can get all the way through this program and run 30 minutes straight at the end of it. That will be really tough but I am hoping I can make it!

1 comments on "My 16 minute run..."

Sharon on August 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM said...

AWESOME! That's outstanding. A big leap forward.

One trick that I used (when I was in better shape aka pre-baby) was to distract my mind from the act of running. I would sing or listen to a book on tape and the run would go so much faster! It's also helpful to have a buddy, but I don't have anyone local to me...

PS - herbs are easy! Even I could do it (now that I've seen Nature Boy do his thing!)

Post a Comment